This soccer drill is my favorite fun game for kids who are 3, 4, 5 and 6 years old. It is simple, fun and kids love to play it. It teaches dribbling while running and looking up (they will naturally look up to chase the coach) and how to kick the ball while running. Each player has a ball so there are lots of touches.
- Soccer Players stand shoulder-to-shoulder facing Coach who is about 5 steps away
- On “Go”, the Soccer Coach runs slowly away while players dribble to chase him & try to hit him with the ball by shooting at him.
- The kids will be close together and might bump into each other, but that is good because they will learn to dribble in traffic and get used to chaotic conditions like they will face in real games (real games are chaotic).
- Stay in a small area & have fun with this game. Play for 10 minutes
- If they hit you with the ball (let them hit you a lot) you will make the sound of their favorite animal, like a dog or a cow, etc.
- Try to stop about every 60 seconds. If it works better, you can require they hit you 2 or 3 times before you let them choose an animal for you to imitate.
Read more about this Soccer Drill for U4, U5, U6, age 3, 4, 5, 6
Copyright David Huddleston, All Rights Reserved
Want to Re-Print this article or part of it? You are allowed to link back to this article or to SoccerDrills.net. The content of this website is original and protected by copyright laws. You may copy on paper for handouts up to 5 pages from SoccerDrills.net provided you adhere to the following conditions: you don't remove any references to SoccerHelp.com or to SoccerDrills.net, and you MUST include "Copyright www.SoccerDrills.net". at the top or bottom of the handout. To copy our work without crediting us is stealing and we WILL protect our copyrights. We would rather be nice than mean, so please save us some trouble and credit SoccerDrills.net if you copy any information from this website. It is illegal to post any information from www.SoccerDrills.net on the internet without written permission from David Huddleston, except we will allow quotes of up to one page to be posted ON THE CONDITION that you add a functioning link on the bottom of the same page that goes to SoccerDrills.net and says "Copyright www.SoccerDrills.net" - the link MUST actually work so if it is clicked it goes to www.SoccerDrills.net. "No follow" links are unacceptable - the links must allow the search engines to follow the link. We have to enforce this due to blatant theft and to protect our copyrights. We use a service that searches for copy right violations and we report violators. Thanks for your cooperation.